Sarah Mason Photography Header

Wednesday 6 November 2013

Wallpaper Wednesday - Part 1

My memories of wallpaper when I was growing up are a little Laura Ashley bias.  Mum definitely had a bit of a penchant for those 1980's floral designs.  In fact, when I left home, she couldn't wait to get her hands on my room, and I came back to full on Laura and stripped pine furniture.  All gig posters had mysteriously vanished, so I guess I wasn't such a big fan of the wallpaper back in the day.  But times change.  I've recently had two shoots with 'hot off the printing press' wallpaper.  The first shoot was with the lovely Claire Murray.


 Her designs are inspired by the beauty she finds in nature.  The 2 designs we photographed are Coriolacae and Champignon.

She has many more designs in the pipeline, and has recently added lampshades and cushions to her collection.


Slinky the cat got involved, and then posed for the camera.


Claire's son Sam gave us a short musical interlude whilst we were changing the shot:




























 It was a great creative day, and I left having my faith fully restored in wallpaper.  How could I not with these gorgeous designs?!

Claire currently has a window display at Cabbages and Cushions in Hebden Bridge, and you can see more of her work on her website.

Wallpaper Wednesday Part 2 coming later!

2 comments:

  1. Beautiful designs photographed beautifully!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely Sarah! It was great fun to do too!

    ReplyDelete