Sarah Mason Photography Header

Wednesday 16 May 2012

I'm On Brides Up North Today!

I'm so, so excited to be on the Brides Up North blog today!  I've been trying to keep it under wraps, but now, at last, I can shout it from the rooftops!

I've been following Julia's blog from the start.  I've watched it blossom and grow into a wonderful resource for all things 'wedding'.  It's insightful, friendly, packed full of information, and a jolly good read!  If you haven't paid it a visit - go on!

I will be photographing Amy & Grant's wedding in a matter of weeks.  I'm always fascinated by a couple's story about when and how they met.  Amy & Grant met when they were both performing in Romeo and Juliet (I know!)  You can read about their wonderful story on the Brides Up North blog - Amy's words do it a lot better justice than mine ever could!  We discussed the engagement shoot and decided on a Midsummer Night's Dream theme.

The featured shoot was a collaboration with the delightful Fiona from Firenza Floral Design She approached me with the idea of working together on a shoot.  She's a visionary in all things of the floral persuasion!  Knowing how exquisite Fiona's work is, this helped me to visualise the shoot.  I wanted to give it an ethereal, dreamlike quality and immediately knew the perfect location.  I love to shoot in the ancient woodland found in Hardcastle Crags.  There is a real sense of history, of something magical, and it never ceases to inspire me!  It's a great location and even has it's very own wedding venue in the shape of Gibson Mill.


On the morning of the shoot, I opened my eyes tentatively, hoping they would be greeted by warm sunshine.  I wasn't disappointed!  Now we just had to make it last until late afternoon!  Myself and Fiona went into the Crags a little bit earlier to set everything up - she had all sorts of pretty in the back of her trusty van!  We have renamed our location The Glade - it was just the perfect spot.  All set up, we just needed Amy and Grant.  Over the brow of the hill they ambled towards us, giggling & hand in hand.  With the late afternoon golden sunshine streaming through the trees, I think we all knew we were going to have a very lovely shoot.


So - here is the blog post link with a few words from Amy and myself and lots more photographs.  And now I'm really looking forward to the wedding! x


1 comment:

  1. What a tremendous shoot Sarah. Wow. So so beautiful. What a sweet couple they make. Their story is so sweeeeeet!

    ReplyDelete